This sweet Baby Swing Chair in Macrame knots is made with love and care by a collective of talented artisans from Masaya, Nicaragua (read more about the collective here). The baby swing can be used both indoors and outdoors - on the patio or in the garden under the shade of a tree. Wherever you choose, baby will love the gentle sway and soft feel of this special swing.
Each chair is made with 2 pounds of cotton. The cotton threads are made of 30 cotton wires, each one thoroughly twisted together to make a swing that is tested to withstand weight up to 330lbs (150kg). The wood bars are made of Madero wood (Gliricidia Sepium), a native Nicaraguan tree that is a sustainably farmed and fast-growing species. The optional cushion is hand-sewn by the collective's expert seamstress and filled with 100% cotton fibers.
100% cotton threads
Madero wood bars with rounded edges
Age: from 5 months
Weight Limit: 100lbs (45kg)
Sitting area dimensions: 10'' x 10''
Height: 10'' (26 cm)
Length: 14'' (35 cm)
Width: 14'' (35 cm)
Total height from hanging point: 110 cm
Thread Thickness: 33 wires (very durable)
One hanging point.
Rope and mounting hardware not included.
Store indoors away from direct moisture when not in use to avoid mildew. Spot clean.
Package measurements and weight : Height: 15 ⅓" (39 cm) ; Length: 15" (38 cm) ; Width: 4 ¾" (12 cm) ; Weight: 3.5 lbs (1.6 kg)
Lead Time + Shipping:
This swing chair is hand-made to order. Production time varies accordingly. Items are typically shipped within 1-2 weeks from order placement but it may take longer depending on the workload of the workshop. We will inform you if the production time will be longer than 10 days.
Orders are shipped from Nicaragua to the USA via DHL EXPRESS COURIER and typically arrives within 3-5 days (insurance is included and tracking is provided). DHL may call you to arrange a delivery time. *Shipment to Canada and Europe may incur customs fees and import taxes. Buyer is responsible for all duties and taxes.
- Actual colors may vary because of different screen calibrations/white balance
- The Macrame designs may vary by item, depending on the artisan who crafts it
- Minor discrepancies in the final product are not considered defects but testify to its quality and uniqueness as a handmade craft
- Wood bars may be slightly lighter or darker due to natural differences in coloration of the wood
- Hardware is not included (we prefer to let the costumer choose proper hardware depending on the hanging location)
- Custom orders are available. Please contact us for more information.
- Always hang swing from a secure beam or support
- Children should never be left unattended in swing
- Use of a baby safety harness (not included) is suggested
- Please use responsibly. We are not responsible for any injuries incurred while using this product
The Handmade Macrame Hanging Chair (patented design ® 2015) is handwoven by a collective group...
The Caribbean-Style "T" Hanging Chair is hand-woven by a community collective of sustainability-minded artisans in...